Surgeries and procedures can be stressful. We're here to make your experience easier. We always recommend taking advantage of your Sana Care ecosystem for free or low-cost, high-quality care options.
When those options aren't convenient or preferred, keep in mind that our all-access network allows you to see any provider.
We're here to support you along the way with resources to help you get the care you need when you need it.
- Use Find a Doctor to find providers who accept Sana or invite your preferred providers to work with Sana.
- Beginning in January 2023, use our new Cost Estimator to:
- Create personalized cost-sharing estimates for 500 common medical procedures.
- Find local providers who offer those procedures.
- Feel confident about out-of-pocket expenses before receiving care.
Your provider can verify your benefits/coverage for the procedure through Sana's provider chat or by contacting Sana at (833) 726-2123.
If your surgery or procedure requires prior authorization, have your provider contact Valenz, our Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accredited partner for utilization management, at (877) 608-2200 or online. Your provider can assist with prior authorization regardless of your payment method.
Submit a provider invitation to see your provider of choice. If the provider is unwilling to bill Sana for your surgery or procedure, our Customer Support team may offer:
- Single-case agreements (SCA) with the provider
- Sana Care options
- Reimbursement for self-pay
- Sana Pay, when applicable
- If needed, our team can help you find an alternate provider.
Costs for Associated Care
If your procedure includes care billed separately by other providers (ex: anesthesia, facility fees, labs, etc.), we will work with them to see if they will bill Sana directly.