The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.
This means that your health care information is confidential and cannot be shared with others.
- Sana plan subscribers and their adult dependents have access to health records through our website.
- All Sana employees have gone through HIPAA training and are HIPAA certified.
- Sana uses encryption technology to keep PHI safe when communicating with providers.
- Sana is email/chat HIPAA compliant, which means we take extra measures to make sure that our communication channels are safe and secure.
What is a medical release form?
- A medical release form is a document that gives healthcare professionals permission to share the member's medical information with other parties.
- All medical release forms must be verified and documented for quality assurance.