Sana plans are all-access, which means we're committed to giving you the flexibility to see who you want, when you want, without ever paying out-of-network fees.
Finding a Doctor
- Step 1: Log in to your Sana account
- Step 2: Click the magnifying glass in the navigation bar to access our Find a Doctor tool
- Step 3: Search for providers by name or specialty
If your preferred provider is already in our system, you're all set!
Give them a call to let them know you've switched to Sana Benefits. If they don't immediately recognize Sana, let them know we lease the HealthSmart network.
If you don't see your provider of choice in the system, you can still see them by inviting the provider to accept Sana.
Inviting a Provider
- Once you’ve verified your preferred provider doesn’t appear in Find a Doctor, scroll to the bottom of the list to Invite a Provider
- Click Invite your Provider or Facility
- Choose the provider’s specialty
Note: We love giving you options, so we may suggest a free or discounted Sana Care provider based on specialty, but you can still invite and see any provider.
- Click Provider Details to enter the provider’s name, facility name, address, and contact number
- We'll take it from here and reach out to your preferred provider with an invitation
90% of providers accept the Sana invite because we offer fast and fair reimbursements. Sana will do everything we can to establish a relationship with your provider, but the provider's office will make the final decision about accepting a new insurance plan.
If the provider decides not to accept Sana — you can still see them.
- You can explore our new Sana Pay program. Reach out to our Member Advocates to learn more.
- We also offer electronic reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses. You can pay the provider's cash rate and request an itemized bill (also called a superbill) to submit a claim. Learn more about electronic reimbursements.
Note: It helps our team move things along faster if you already have an appointment scheduled. Please notify us of appointments with new providers at least a month in advance when possible.
Watch this 5-minute video to learn how Sana empowers you to get the care you need!