If you're pregnant or considering having a family, Sana is here for you.
Well-Woman Preventative Visits and prenatal visits are covered 100% and the deductible doesn't apply.
The following are 100% covered after deductible is met, though 10% coinsurance costs apply on some plans:
- Childbirth/Delivery Professional Services
- Childbirth/Delivery Facility Services
Note on pre-certification: While Sana automatically pre-certifies a maternity length of stay up to 48 hours for a vaginal delivery or 96 hours for cesarean delivery, we strongly recommend having your physician call to obtain pre-certification in case there is a need for a longer stay.
Impregnation and Infertility Treatment
The following are covered at 90% covered by plan after the deductible is reached:
- Artificial insemination
- Fertility Drugs
- G.I.F.T. (Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer)
- Impotency Drugs such as Viagra™
- In-vitro fertilization
- Surrogate mother (unless the surrogate is a Participant, in which case the Preventive Care and/or Pregnancy expenses will be covered in accordance with the Plan provisions)
- Donor eggs
- Collection or purchase of donor semen (sperm) or oocytes (eggs)
- Freezing of sperm, oocytes, or embryos, or any type of artificial impregnation procedure, whether or not such procedure is successful
Note on in-vitro fertilization: A single course of treatment for in-vitro fertilization is covered every three plan years if considered medically necessary.