Discover available mental health benefits. All other types of therapy are represented below.
Therapy is covered after the deductible is met at the following coinsurance rates:
- S plan covers 90%
- P plan at 80%
- E plan at 70%
- B plan at 60%
- H plans cover 100%
Unless noted, coverage is limited to 30 visits max per treatment and 60 visits total per plan year.
These include services or supplies used for the treatment of an illness or injury, as well as services that help a person keep, learn, or improve skills and functioning for daily living, and are available in a variety of inpatient and/or outpatient settings.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Treatment (ASD/ABA Therapy)**
- Cardiac Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiration Therapy
- Speech Therapy**
- Vision Therapy
** Note: Unlimited visits for Autism Spectrum Disorder Treatment (ASD/ABA) and Speech Therapy are available to all members with plans starting on or after June 1, 2022.
Covered Therapy Services Requiring Prior Authorization
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Infusion Therapy (excluding antibiotic infusion therapy)
Physical Therapy & Massage Therapy
- Physical therapy (PT) and Massage therapy are now available to members of all plans with an employer plan effective date of June 1, 2021, or later.
- Physical therapy (PT) and Massage therapy are a $25 copay for qualifying members on PPO Plus (S, P, E, and B) plans.
- Physical therapy (PT) and Massage therapy are covered and subject to the deductible for qualifying members of PPO Plus HSA (H and HD) plans.
- Covered physical therapy treatments are limited to 30 visits per plan year, and are under the larger umbrella of therapy which has an overall limit of 60 per year.
- Covered massage treatments must be administered by a physician or a licensed massage therapist. When you book directly with a massage therapist, you may need to pay upfront and provide an itemized superbill to Sana to get reimbursed for the balance after your copay.
Looking for free or discounted therapy options?
Be sure to check out our popular Sana Care providers:
- SWORD Health: Offers virtual PT & musculoskeletal (MSK) pain management
- ClassPass: Use your monthly credits to access local massage therapists
- Bloom: Digital pelvic therapy from the comfort and privacy of home