From the beginning, our mission at Sana has been to make quality healthcare accessible, affordable, and understandable — and that includes access to reproductive care.
All Sana plans are self-insured, which means they are not subject to state insurance mandates. Because of this, our all-access network continues to offer access to the highest quality of care, regardless of plan type or geographic location.
Fertility and Pregnancy Care
Sana is proud to offer you the care you need to grow your family, no matter what your circumstance. This includes:
- Modern fertility coverage
- Partnerships with industry leaders, including Kindbody for fertility care and Maven for pregnancy and postpartum support
Sana does not require you to pay a copay or coinsurance for birth control — even if you haven't met your deductible. This is because contraception is considered preventive care under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Hormonal methods, like birth control pills and vaginal rings
- Implanted devices, like intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Prescription and over-the-counter emergency contraception, like Plan B® and ella®
- Sterilization procedures, like tubal ligation and vasectomies
You can read more about what’s covered here.
Sana members may fill up to one year of birth control prescriptions at a time.
Did you know you can submit for reimbursement if your pharmacy can't process your ACA preventive benefits at the point of sale? Here's how.
Sana offers coverage for abortions, including medical procedures as well as prescriptions.
Travel Assistance — Coming Soon
We are committed to ensuring that all members have access to all benefits and services in their plans, no matter which state they’re in. Please stay tuned for more information on our upcoming travel assistance program.